Upholstery & Furniture Cleaning
In Austin, homeowners know the company they can trust for best-in-class upholstery and furniture cleaning: The Steam Team. For years, customers have trusted us for our entire suite of cleaning services, including carpet and tile cleaning and a host of other home services. So, when it comes to upholstery cleaning in Austin, The Steam Team is the natural choice. We’ll bring your furniture the beauty and luster it had the day you bought it. We’ve been doing it for years with our other home remedies, like carpet cleaning, cleaning hardwood floors, grout cleaning and water damage restoration.
The right approach
Our approach begins with cost. You’ll know right up front how much the job will cost based on a thorough evaluation of your furniture, the fabric type and the work involved. Some jobs naturally require more detail and some require less work for more simple fabrics.
Then, we test a small portion of the fabric to give you a good idea of what the entire piece will look like when finished. For Austin upholstery and fabric cleaning, we’re the experts and this level of detail is one reason why.
Finally, many of our customers choose to extend the life of the furniture with our fabric protection system. After the job is complete, the spills, children and pets will still be busy at work. Fabric protection helps resist stains and protects against the damaging effects of ultra-violet rays.
UPHOLSTERY CLEANING Certified
The Steam Team is IICRC certified in upholstery cleaning and is recognized as one of the most educated and experienced upholstery care companies in Texas. Upon a thorough inspection, our certified technicians will determine the proper cleaning procedure for your specific needs. We can also apply Fine Fabric Protector to ensure your fine fabrics continue to have lasting beauty between cleanings.
Our 12-step cleaning process
From heavily soiled to light cleaning, our 12-step cleaning process is designed to restore your furniture as close to its original condition as possible. We can clean all types of upholstery, even the most delicate of fabrics.
- Pre-Inspection: Our technician will perform special tests to determine the content of your fabric. The content will determine what type of cleaning solutions and techniques will be used. We will also point out any potential permanent stains or areas of concern.
- Area Preparation: We will prepare the area where the upholstery will be cleaned to protect your surrounding furnishings.
- Pre-Vacuum: All textiles should be vacuumed thoroughly before cleaning. This step will remove dry soils and any loose particles from cracks and crevices.
- Pre-Treat: Depending on your fabric, a special solution designed for your fabric type and the soiling condition will be applied to "emulsify" the soil.
- Pre-Spot: Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase chances of removal.
- Pre-Groom: The fabric will then be gently groomed using soft upholstery brushes to loosen the soil.
- Soil Extraction and Rinse: The soil is then extracted from the fabric with a gentle, controlled rinse.
- Neutralize: The fabric is then pH balanced to maintain it's soft, fresh feel.
- Post Spot: Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products.
- Post Groom: The upholstery will then be prepared for drying with a gentle combing of the fabric.
- Speed Dry: High velocity air movers will be placed on the upholstery to speed dry the fabric.
- Post Cleaning Inspection: Our technician will review the cleaning results with you to insure that your expectations have been met or exceeded.